My P950 broke!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kathiemt
kathiemt Senior Member • Posts: 1,114
My P950 broke!

aaarrgghhh! I was out on a photo walk 3 days ago and my zoom button (where the shutter button is) wouldn't stop zooming all the way out - wouldn't let me stop it part zoom. Same for zooming back again. I switched the camera off and on again, even took the battery out and put it back in, but it kept doing it.

It was then that I discovered the shutter button was no longer working - the slider on the shutter button was moving freely - seems to have disengaged. So I've booked a repair with Nikon Australia - and the courier picks it up tomorrow.

I'm already missing it like hell as it's my every day camera! Gone back to my heavier D7100 and my shoulders are already aching from having to carry around a heavy lens and holding the thing up to shoot birds and other things. I've had it 19 months. sighhhhh.

kathiemt's gear list:kathiemt's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P950 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow