z6ii focus point brightness - adjustable?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camelguy Regular Member • Posts: 355
z6ii focus point brightness - adjustable?

Just got a new z6ii plus the 24-120 Z lens, after shooting a D750 for the last 8 or 9 years....and overall, I'm pretty amazed by what the z6ii produces. The difference between it - when paired with the 24-120 - and the D750 when paired with the 24-120 G is obvious, even without pixel peeping. And autofocus is fast, precise and reliable, at least in single & dynamic modes, better than the D750, I'd reckon. (I haven't tried subject tracking or Eye AF yet). It's quickly won my confidence.

There are a few things about the new body that do annoy me, most of which relate to the EVF, and some of which is surely just a matter of making the adjustment to mirrorless. But the one thing that I've experienced as a real negative is that, when shooting in bright sunlight from some angles, it can be difficult to see the focus point in the EVF (again, shooting in single or dynamic AF-area mode). Its outline is so thin, and not very contrasty in bright light, that almost disappears and is hard to position precisely. The focus point in the D750 viewfinder is much easier to see - it has slightly thicker edges and just stands out more. Is there any way to mitigate this, like some way to adjust the brightness/contrast of the focus point?

Maybe it's not an issue I'll encounter often, but it was definitely happening today. Any suggestions?

Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow