Macro options?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Senior Member • Posts: 1,470
Macro options?

Hello

I've only ever owned one macro lens, a sigma 105mm f/2.8 HSM OS on my Canon 800d. It was very sharp and I liked it.

I moved to Fujifilm but that lens did not adapt well (too old I guess).

I then got my beloved Z6 with 24-70 and FTZ. Recently, I grabbed a used D500 for BiF specifically and reach.

I really miss a macro capability. My 150-600C cannot get close enough for even modest macro shots. I haven't tried with my 100-400 C.

I'd love a Z 105mm macro, but it's about £1000! Now that I have a Nikon DSLR, I realise it opens the door to super cheap glass (I was afraid old third party lenses may not work on the FTZ).

I read the Nikon 105mm macro lens suffers from bad focus breathing, although it is very sharp. I read the Tamron 90mm macro is not working with the FTZ? I could use it exclusively with the D500, BUT, one day the D500 will be replaced by the future sports/wildlife affordable Z.

Today though, a lens working with both bodies for cheap, would be perfect.

I'm thinking the best choice is maybe a Nikon version of my old lens, the sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro OS?

Seems the best choice. Thoughts?

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z6 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i Nikon D500 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow