Chinon 55 / 1.7 M42

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Alun Thomas Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: Chinon 55 / 1.7 M42

Volker G wrote:

Chinon was collaborating with several lens makers and indeed Tomioka was one of them. Nevertheless, I don't subscribe to this "Tomioka here, Tomioka there" hysteria which tends to drive up prices on the second-hand market and which has in my opinion absolutely no relevance whatsoever for the perceived or real performance of the lens in question. ...

Agreed, I get slightly 'fatigued' with the occasional person that finds a tomioka lens under every single rock they turn over. Another name that seems to get bandied about, with even less reason applied is Zunow for some earlier lenses.

I'm of the opinion that certain ebay vendors do frequent this and other forums just to get the bare minimum of knowledge they could use to boost prices for certain lenses. I'm also certain that often they do it with the full knowledge that they aren't being entirely (or sometimes even partially) truthful in their listings.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow