CHALLENGE : Matching the presets in Manual Mode ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
aiamuzz New Member • Posts: 4
CHALLENGE : Matching the presets in Manual Mode ?

Hi,

TBH l, I am a noob at photography, with less than 24 hrs of hands on time (over a course of less than a month) of DSLR time with my brothers Canon 1200D - lenses 18-55mm(stock) and 55-250mm ...

Whilst I have been experimenting slowly with the 3 variables(ISO, Shutter Speed & Aperture), I must say I have been learning quite a lot, drawing up my own little tests so I can understand relation and correlation of these 3 variables.

I have been analysing the various presets modes(Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports & Night-Portrait) ... I tried to reproduce/recreate the preset in Manual Mode,  but fell short in reproducing them.

So I thought I'd pose the same as a challenge to the DSLR Afficionado's out there. Please post a preset and then your manual photo of the same frame side by side so we can identify a pro among us.

A FUN EXERCISE !!!

PS: We(noobs of the DSLR ) would really appreciate if you shared your manual settings describing how you achieved/came closer to the presets you were attempting. I am sure we noobs will stand to benefit from the Amateurs and Pro's of the DSLR world)

Cheers & thnx in advance for indulging.

Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow