X-Trans V Generation Cameras

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 2,850
X-Trans V Generation Cameras

We have all read the rumours and frequent spec updates to the X-H2 - the first and launch model for the Gen V X-Trans cameras for Fujifilm.

But is it?

In the past, if one didn't like the control layout, LED screen or price point of a specific model - one just had to wait - Fujifilm will reuse the same sensor and processor in a different body, screen configuration and pricing in one of their models eventually - X-Pro#, X-T#, X-T##, X-SX#, X-E#, etc

But for X-H2 and X-H2s - the rumour is 2 different sensors - a 26 MP stacked design and a 40 MP (unknown if stacked or just BSI design) - so which sensor will be the Gen V sensor that gets passed around to all the lower priced models for Gen V?

They could double their models and include 2 different sensors for each of the current model but I find that highly unlikely.

My guess - the 40 MP is a non-stacked design and that will be the Gen V sensor that gets passed around and reused. Just because of the past pricing of stacked design - of course, they could have been a breakthrough in manufacturing that lowered the costs of stacked sensors but with the 2 sensor rumours floating around - I don't think so.

What do people think will be the Gen V sensor that gets reused across the entire Fujifilm lineup?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow