Retouching photo negatives

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
elektrobank Regular Member • Posts: 121
Retouching photo negatives

I have a bunch of old negatives from the 70's-80's that I'm digitizing using my Sony A7RIV with a macro lens and a lightbox. The quality of the capture is really good, well as good as it gets for such old negatives, but I was hoping to further enhance the photo to get the best quality possible, and even make them look better than the originals if possible.

I tried Topaz Gigapixel, which works pretty well to sharpen and get rid of some of the noise, but I'm wondering what's the best way to color correct this photo? First off to make it look most like the original, without having access to the original photo or having shot this myself to know what it really looked like.

Also how I could take away the 70's photo look and make a version of this photo that looks like something I could have taken with my camera right now. And if anyone has any more tips/tricks on digitizing negatives and making them look better in post I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow