Broken Olympus EM1iii - thoughts?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steveus Forum Member • Posts: 83
Broken Olympus EM1iii - thoughts?

I've uploaded a video of the problem to a reddit thread I started:

https://www.reddit.com/r/M43/comments/uupu21/broken_olympus_em1iii_description_in_comments/

My new-used camera immediately turns itself off after power-on.  Has anyone seen this behavior before? Can anyone recommend a course of action?

I (USA) purchased the camera body off ebay from a reputable seller (Japan) who I believe did their due diligence prior to re-selling. The camera had their highest quality rating for used units. The camera worked fine for a week or so of testing and playing with settings before this started happening.

Things I’ve tried: changing battery (genuine Olympus batteries only), changing or removing memory cards, flipping back panel in/out, removing/re-seating lens, switching lens.

I could try a factory reset during power-up, but if that works then I’m worried the underlying problem will still be there and happen again, probably while I’m trying to photograph a phoenix in flight or something. And in the meantime, there would be no evidence for the seller that there’s a problem while still in the return period.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow