A7IV: saving S&Q to slot 1 (CFexpress)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Docno Veteran Member • Posts: 5,103
A7IV: saving S&Q to slot 1 (CFexpress)

Hi all -

I've been experimenting with S&Q mode but have run up against an annoyance. I currently have videos saving to slot 1 which has a CFexpress card, and images saved to slot 2, which has an old SDXC card. [I mostly shoot photos, not video, and prefer to use the SDXC card because my laptop has an integrated SD card slot.] However, when I try to shoot S&Q videos at 100fps, this setup doesn't work - the camera says 100fps files need a faster card than my SD card, but it doesn't seem to 'want' to save into slot 1 with 'regular' videos. Is there anything I can do to make the camera save my S&Q videos to my slot 1 CFexpress card rather than trying to save in the same place as my images (old SDXC card in slot 2)? Is there some reason the camera treats the S&Q files the same as images rather than as videos (in terms of save destination)?   Thanks.

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R II Sony a7 IV Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow