Eyeglasses optics; lens coatings and materials

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RLight Senior Member • Posts: 3,950
Eyeglasses optics; lens coatings and materials

I know great strides have been made with nano coatings and the quality of glass in recent years.

Dumb question: I noted my latest prescription that I now have contrast loss with flare, and slight color transmission problems. Is there a lab I can send my prescription to for not run of the mill optics? Granted, at a cost. Or just a recommended lab? I’ve found Costco’s labs to be excellent, especially for the price, just curious if better is available.

Bonus question: I have perfect pitch per my optometrist; this means there is big risk and rewards for finely calibrated optics for me. Any suggestions for getting the best prescription? Taking my time, asking questions, and using Costco optometrists, helps.

I am in no way advertising or or otherwise advocating for them btw. They’re just the best I’ve found. There’s probably better out there and hence the question.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS R Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 15-45mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow