L-bracket aversion for GFX 50S II (100S)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lens_Goat
Lens_Goat Contributing Member • Posts: 779
L-bracket aversion for GFX 50S II (100S)

When I bought my XT-3 in 2018, an L-bracket was an obligatory purchase. As a landscape photographer, especially one with a proclivity for posting on Instagram, switching from landscape to portrait orientation with an L-bracket at a moment's notice is a gamechanger . Moreover, the XT-3's grip was unsatisfactory and the L-bracket I bought possessed dual functionality: an L-bracket-cum-grip.

When it comes to my GFX 50S II, however, notwithstanding the accessory's innate value, I loathe the purchase. For starters, the third party L-brackets are crazy expensive for some reason. I think my XT-3 one set me back $30 or so and it's held up wonderfully for the past few years. I could stomach spending 3 figures for a 50S II L-bracket if I weren't so averse to making my camera bigger. I fear with the L-bracket fitted to my camera it'll become too wide to fit in my holster bag that I sling over my shoulder on long hikes. Furthermore, the camera feels great in hand as it is. I wouldn't need more grip, at least I don't think so. I've ever begun to consider circumventing one of my favorite tools for a superior tripod, perhaps one with a good ball head that can switch from Landscape to Portrait mode efficiently.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Thx

Lens_Goat's gear list:Lens_Goat's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR XF 90mm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow