LR Vs Capture one Vs NX Studio and color dilemma.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Silver1962 New Member • Posts: 9
LR Vs Capture one Vs NX Studio and color dilemma.

I have my screen calibrated, I shoot raw, and if my  understanding is right when you  pull raw images into any of the above softwares you see a JPG representation of your captured raw. If my understanding is correct then:

On my D610 I found the LCD screen image representation of my raw images is the closest and most correct to my eyes to the real colors.

When I import the images to the above softwares I see a difference in the colors if I shoot available light factoring in the lighting conditions are the same.

The closest to the LCD is LR with a hint of greenish cast,  I though NX Studio would be the closest but all of them are off.

How to get what I  see on the LD in my editing software???

My observation of the correctness of the color of the LCD matching reality is confirmed with the printing of the images to my calibrated Canon pro-1000

( I meant that all the printed images from the above softwares are off color wise from what I can see on the back of the LCD, which is to my eye the most accurate)

The green tint is exaggerated with flash using the CTO warming gel ( 1/4 and half , very good quality CTO gel), the worst is in LR and more magenta in Capture one and closer to accuracy in NX studio.

I shot all images with grey card and Xrite color palette but I did not correct anything, just wanted to see what  I get out of the box.

Silver1962's gear list:Silver1962's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D610 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +6 more
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow