New 35mm lens

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ISQ1993
ISQ1993 Regular Member • Posts: 336
New 35mm lens

So I have the Biogon 35mm f/2.8 which is great and my most used lens. However, with the M240’s shortcomings in the high ISO department, I would ideally like to replace/supplement the Zeiss with something faster. To that end, I have concluded that I’ll either pick up the Voigtlander 35mm Nokton classic 1.4 II or the Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f2.

I don’t have any doubts the ultron would be a great purchase and there are enough tests/videos to convince me of that. I would, however, like the extra stop the 35mm 1.4 would offer, but read some very mixed reviews/opinions regarding glow, nervous bokeh, lack of sharpness etc, and other people who swear by the lens and use it prolifically.

can anyone provide a reasoned and level headed assessment of the 35mm 1.4 II? There doesn’t seem to be more than a handful of reviews in writing or on YouTube.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Instagram: isaac.a.q
Personal site: isaacqureshi.com

ISQ1993's gear list:ISQ1993's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LCT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow