Pix for the Week Ending May 13th to 15th, 2022

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 22,607
Re: color blind swans

Peter Slovakia wrote:

That would just mean processing the photo in RawTherapee. I have the latest version of R.T., please tell me the procedure <>

It's under the Color Tab and is called the "Channel Mixer":

Each output can have any mix you need of the three input R,G,B values.

From 3x3 matrix theory there's even a slider setting rule where the white balance can be kept constant while playing with the image; unfortunately, I've forgotten the rule. If it is of interest to anyone I could go look for it ...

... but still there is some disagreement about color balancing using a monitor:

" Viggiano found that white balancing in the camera's native RGB color model tended to produce less color inconstancy (i.e., less distortion of the colors) than in monitor RGB for over 4000 hypothetical sets of camera sensitivities.[10] This difference typically amounted to a factor of more than two in favor of camera RGB. This means that it is advantageous to get color balance right at the time an image is captured, rather than edit later on a monitor. If one must color balance later, balancing the raw image data will tend to produce less distortion of chromatic colors than balancing in monitor RGB."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_balance#Chromatic_colors

-- hide signature --

what you got is not what you saw ...

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Sigma SD9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow