Pix for the Week Ending May 13th to 15th, 2022

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 22,588
Re: color blind swans

Peter Slovakia wrote:

Ted, I understand what Don wrote.

I also understood what he wrote, Peter.

I choose the preset according to daylight and then at home in SPP I can easily balance the color. So it follows from the article. If it's not perfect, I'll balance the color in Lightroom - according to the histogram.

I believe that "balancing" the color - either with the color-picker on a neutral area, or waggling some simple RGB sliders over an area in an image - will inevitably leave some colors in the image as somewhat incorrect, although they may be close enough for many people.

About the best that pedants like myself can do for color "balancing" is to use a three-channel color mixture which is effectively a 3x3 matrix - as is used internally for Sigma camera WB presets. Not that I bother with that most of the time.

Such a mixer can be found in RawTherapee and such mixer settings can even be saved for re-use ...

-- hide signature --

what you got is not what you saw ...

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Sigma SD9 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow