From ASP-C to MFT: new OM-1 + 'old' 12-100 f/4?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PeteHolland89
PeteHolland89 Forum Member • Posts: 84
From ASP-C to MFT: new OM-1 + 'old' 12-100 f/4?

I've been shooting ASP-C for 5 years now (Fuji X-T2 + 18-55 lens). Although it's a great little combo, I feel like it's not suitable enough for my outdoor adventures and situations where you have a variety of shooting opportunities from wide to tele. It's limiting me in a sense.

I've been thinking about trading it in for the recently released Olympus OM-1 with the 'old' and ever so popular Olympus 12-100 f/4 lens. This seems to be a great combo for me: rugged and weatherproof, light (enough), 1 lens with 24-200mm coverage, double IBIS and great sharpness all across the frame.

Some additional information:

• I hate carrying a tripod (and thus never do)
  • I dislike bad autofocus and tracking
  • I dislike extensive post-processing
  • I dislike changing lenses for extra width or reach
  • 20MP is enough for my needs
  • I'm not a professional photographer and don't make any money with it
  • I'm about to become a dad and looking for a kit that can 'grow' with my child (holidays, little trips, walks, etc.)
  • I love the outdoors and always try to bring a camera kit
  • I love (semi) macro shots and close focusing capabilities for things I see in nature
  • Most of my outdoor pictures are between f/5.6 and f/8

What experience do you have with this body, lens or even the combination of the two?

And can you convince me that going to a smaller sensor is not a disadvantage for image quality, but rather an alternative?

Thanks!

PeteHolland89's gear list:PeteHolland89's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow