70-200 F2.8 Z Speed question

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andrew Ellis
Andrew Ellis Contributing Member • Posts: 964
70-200 F2.8 Z Speed question

HI all, just a quick question please. I like to photograph my two dogs running about, but the in focus success rate with my current native Z mount lenses of a suitable focal length (24-70 F4, 24-120 F4), is less than stellar on both my Z6 II and Z7 II

Someone recently told me that his keeper rate went up considerably when he switched his F mount 70-200 to the new Nikon Z version. My question is therefore is the Native Z mount 70-200 appreciably faster to focus than both the aforementioned lenses please, and likely to give me better success rate on my chosen subject ?

My other camera is an Olympus OM-1 and that absolutely nails the tracking of both dogs, but obviously low light capability and relatively low MP count, is why I'd like see how good the Z7 II can actually get in comparison.

-- hide signature --

Lets make pictures, not war........

Andrew Ellis's gear list:Andrew Ellis's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Nikon Z7 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Nikon Z6 II +22 more
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow