Printing on the wrong side of the paper

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PMB Regular Member • Posts: 184
Printing on the wrong side of the paper

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Twice now I have managed to choose the wrong side of the paper for printing. I know from my first experience, quickly I might add, when the print is coming out of the printer that I have inserted the paper wrong side up. The ink is very wet and easily transfers to my fingers. Not to mention a very ugly looking print. And a waste of good paper and ink. The paper was Canon Photo Paper Pro Luster that came as a sample pack with my new PRO-300 printer, so not a total waste of a paper I'd purchased. But still...

I wish that paper manufacturers would have some indication of which side was the back. This is a non-issue for me for glossy papers, but papers with a dull or matte finish are a problem - for me. My old eyes, and the fact I work in a darker room with the curtains closed to remove ambient light distractions while proofing and printing, I sometime (obviously) have trouble discerning the back from the front.

I know others have this problem too, and I would like to hear if there are any helpful ideas.

Additionally, does anyone know if this makes a mess inside of the printer? The ink on the wrong side of the paper is very wet and messy - does not seem to absorb into the paper at all. I worry that subsequent prints might pick up residual ink from one of these unfortunate printing episodes. It doesn't seem to have done so in my two cases.

Peter

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow