How do you store batteries for a long period of time?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Manzur Fahim
Manzur Fahim Veteran Member • Posts: 3,767
How do you store batteries for a long period of time?

Hello everyone,

Hope you are well. I have Sigma DP1, DP2 Merrill and sd Quattro. It is still possible to buy batteries for them, but eventually they will be rare, like batteries for older Sigma cameras. I had 11 batteries for dp1 and dp2, and today found 1 battery swollen so that leaves me with 10. Four of them are new and 6 are used. I have ordered another four.

Now what I want to know is, how can I store them for a long period of time. Should I charge the new ones and then store them or just store them somewhere as is. I heard somewhere that new batteries can die if not used for a long time, and I also heard that batteries will stay fresh and new as long as they are not used. Once I use it, then they can start aging.

How do you store yours, or what are the plans for your old cameras once the batteries are not available?

Many thanks in advance.

Manzur Fahim's gear list:Manzur Fahim's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GFX 100S Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Sigma DP2 Merrill +8 more
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma sd Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow