A few from my recent trip

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rick decker
MOD rick decker Forum Pro • Posts: 18,544
A few from my recent trip

Lots of changes in the western parks and places. I got to LV too late to shoot Valley of Fire so I overnighted in Overton and headed for Zion. Zion went to tickets and reservations required for Zion Canyon. Drive through to Eastern exit still open. Parking expanded but demand exceeded by a large amount the new expansion total. I got a few decent shots in Zion. Headed to Kanab to play the Wave lottery. Unfortunately the Wave lottery went totally online moving due to problems handling so many people. Now there (at the moment) are 2 online lotteries for thte wave. One is for 2-days in advance and then the older one for 3 months in advance. Drove to Monument Valley...Weather was overcast and gloomy so I skipped MV and headed for Moab. Arches went to reservations. Go before 5:30AM or after 6PM no ticket needed and gate control. Leave the park and you are not guaranteed re-entry - ticket or nor. I got a ticket for 9:30...didn't really excite me. I spent a few days there going up to Dead Horse State Park for some shots. At that point and 700 miles from Anaheim Hills and 11 hrs I decide to split and head there as a friends wife is quite ill. good news is I think my car was on steroids. Plenty of power and 41MPG for the trip. Kia Forte 4-door sedan. After that I kicked back and hiked around the Hills exloring new worlds and boldly going where no one has gone!! Lots of boulders as I boldly went. So many boulders that most of the "Hills" are an unorganized chaos of rocks of various sizes ranging for bigger-than-a-car to football size. Where was Kendall when I neede him!! Anyway I met some very great people. I will plan a fall trip somewhere for the color. I kept less than 30 shots.

Here are a few shots with DP3M for Don whom I know loves his DP3M:

Moab from part-way up the hill in Arches

Mt. Whitney and Lone Pine Mountain

Dead Horse State Park LaSals in background

Dead Trees on the way to Whitney Portal

Dead Horse State Park 2-shot panel. LaSals in background

-- hide signature --

You have my express consent to edit any of my images that I post on DPR. If you want to edit an image that does not belong to me that I have edited and posted, you need to contact the owner.
---
http://www.lightreflection.com
http://www.rickswavepics.com

Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow