Microsoft raw codec /photo viewer

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Stirling
James Stirling Senior Member • Posts: 9,168
Microsoft raw codec /photo viewer

I have the microsft raw codec installed which allows you to browse raw files showing a preview image with photo viewer. I was looking  at some samples from the new Panasonic 9mm and noticed that on opening it showed you the corrected file and a second later jumped to showing the uncorrected raw file. I thought this might have been due to the newness of the lens on the GH6.
However on trying A selection of other lenses from various makers it did the same thing. . Some examples firstly the 9mm on GH6 17mm pro on Pen F , Sony 24-105mm on A7rII and 14-30mm F/4 on Nikon z7

Has it always done this ? and I have just not noticed The other photo software on my PC is PS and DXO pureraw . This is the result of clicking on the images and selecting view with photo viewer no other software open

-- hide signature --

Jim Stirling:
It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true” Russell
Feel free to tinker with any photos I post

James Stirling's gear list:James Stirling's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon Z7 Olympus E-M5 III Nikon Z7 II +10 more
Nikon Z7 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow