Macro with NiSi lens

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DAP MV
DAP MV Contributing Member • Posts: 880
Re: Macro with NiSi lens

Thomas166 wrote:

sherman_levine wrote:

The field of view is very shallow, so it's sometimes easier to put the camera in MF mode and move the camera to get focus.

Thanks for the comment. I really need to keep the camera in MF when doing macro.

From my experience, adjusting focus by changing camera position in respect to the subject is a must, but you can do it in autofocus mode, too. 
I have autofocus set such that it continuously adjusts itself. During taking the picture I set the focal length such that the object is properly framed (which depends on the size of the object) at the same time moving the position of the camera so the image is sharp. Then I press the shutter button half way down, and it usually locks sharp. While the button is pressed halfway down I can still make some minor focus corrections by moving the camera, and then I press the button all the way down to take a picture. 
Of course it all depends on personal preferences. Choose whatever is most convenient for you and what yields the best results.

-- hide signature --

Darius
--
Many people photograph birds. Not many people photograph spiders.
I photograph spiders. I'm a photo-minority...

DAP MV's gear list:DAP MV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P950
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow