X mount lens to use for Video.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Fujifan69 New Member • Posts: 14
Re: X mount lens to use for Video.

Astroprojector wrote:

Hi There,

I recently acquired x-t4. I will primarily use it for Real Estate videography. I only got the body because I already have 18-55mm f2.8. Since shooting video in 4K adds x1.18 crop, the 18-55 becomes roughly 21-65mm. I am still be able to use this lens for the detail shots, however on the wider side I need something less than 20mm. Preferable in the 15 to 18mm.

I looked at many different options and there are not to many choices.

1. 16-80mm f2.8, but it very pricey, used about $600. With the crop of x1.18 on the wider side it will be about 19mm.

2. Fuji Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f4 Fujinon R OIS ASPH Super EBC Lens #497 - This might be an option, but the cons is this one only F4 and it might be slow in dark rooms without raising ISO. Also, I don't know what XF, or R OIS ASPH Super EBC means and whether it is compatible with the X mount.

3. Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Ultra Wide Angle Lens for Fuji X Mount Digital Cameras (Black) (RK12M-FX). So far this one looks very promising. WIth x1.18 crop factor it becomes about 14mm.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks

I recommend the 10-24 or 12mm for real estate video

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow