I Sony discontinuing APS-C models?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Fujifan69 New Member • Posts: 14
Re: I Sony discontinuing APS-C models?

Malling wrote:

Fujifan69 wrote:

sludge21017 wrote:

Fujifan69 wrote:

Sony expects you to buy full frame lenses. This is why many believe the cameras are dead in the water. Plus the fact that they refuse to actually make a good crop sensor camera that can be relied on for professional use.

ok sure

I guess your comment isn't aging well.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-will-announce-three-new-aps-c-lenses-11mm-f-1-8-15mm-f-1-4-and-10-20mm-f-4-0/

Statement still stands. Sony will never make a full featured professional crop sensor camera. You apparently didn’t notice a trend with those lenses. All ultra wides. You know… for vlogging…

probably because it’s not financially worth it for them to launch such a camera. A1 or A9 Mini would still be an expensive camera, probably on the excess of €3000, while this might still be acceptable to a few birders that probably would not be enough for it to be launched, there simply is a limited amount of APS-C users who would be willing to spend such an amount on a camera, especially when the specific APS-C lenses isn’t there, these again ain’t there because there is not enough profit to be made from it.

Sony instead focus lenses and body on segments that is more guaranteed to provide the profit.

The ZV-E10 was a empty stock end of life move for the specific hardware, pretty much any major manufacturer do this. APS-C sensor are generally used for 3 years before these are upgraded. The A6600 came out 3 years after the release of the last sensor. We have not seen anything since in that series but we also been struck by several crises since and that might have a important part to play in it. Fujifilm is also living on a 2018 on latest gen a sensor that we don’t know when will be replaced with the current issue the market is currently having.

Fujifilm will be announcing one of two new cameras rumored at the Summit that is expected to be on the 31st of this month. It will supposedly have a new BSI stacked 26mp sensor. I expect supply issues but they are still moving forward with new tech regardless.

The whole profit thing also goes out the window when you look at Fujifilm. The ONLY manufacturer that decided to take crop sensors seriously. They’ve also built up a loyal fan base because of their dedication to the format. Now, Sigma and Tamron are releasing x mount lenses so Sony crop sensors don’t even have the edge on cheaper 3rd party options anymore. Viltrox also appears to be also releasing x mount exclusive lenses (13mm f1.4).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow