Significant Motion Blur, Canon R6. Caused by IBIS? Wide angle only.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Mr F48 Forum Member • Posts: 87
Re: Significant Motion Blur, Canon R6. Caused by IBIS? Wide angle only.

Quarkcharmed wrote:

electronicsenthusiast wrote:

Quarkcharmed wrote:

Are you on the most recent firmware? There was a bug where the first shot in a series could be blurry because of IBIS. It was fixed at some point.

Overall, electronic shutter on the R6 and the R5 has a very limited use IMHO and is not recommended as a default shooting mode as it has too many limitations. It's best to be used in special cases such as when you actually need the silent shutter or high speed continuous shooting etc.

I used v1.5.2, including while shooting these samples, which is the most current as of 3/17/22, and even today.

I will default to the mechanical shutter.

The mechanical shutter will cause shutter shock at the shutter speeds you were using in your photos posted in this thread. Electronic first curtain shutter is the default one.

Can confirm, unfortunately.

My R lived in mechanical shutter mode, since the issue was not nearly as prevalent. With the R6, I have to use 1st curtain below 1/200 or limit the auto ISO to a minimum of 1/200

Mr F48's gear list:Mr F48's gear list
Canon EOS R6 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 16mm F2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow