Hummingbirds in Flight and a Baltimore Oriole with A7R IV and Sigma 60-600mm Sport

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VisionLight
VisionLight Veteran Member • Posts: 6,143
Hummingbirds in Flight and a Baltimore Oriole with A7R IV and Sigma 60-600mm Sport

I was at Westmoreland Sanctuary today with my A7R IV and Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sport and the late afternoon light was perfect for capturing some birds of Spring:

A Male Ruby Throated Hummingbird was coming out of the sun almost straight at me.

He put on the brakes. I was caught.

The female came from the opposite way out of the shadows and into the light.

All images are from 3 image bursts at Hi+ using Tracking: Flexible Spot M in APS-c mode. The Sigma 60-600mm Sport handles birds in flight quite nicely on the A7R IV.

Although I was out primarily to capture Hummingbirds, this Baltimore Oriole showed up to see what I was up to. And gave me a few seconds to capture some portraits as well:

Baltimore Oriole I

Baltimore Oriole II

Both were single shot images, but also using Tracking: Flexible Spot M.

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome.

-- hide signature --
 VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS M5 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +15 more
Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow