Canon Utilities and RP

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteveinLouisville
SteveinLouisville Senior Member • Posts: 1,482
Canon Utilities and RP

Today, out of nowhere, neither of my RPs will auto-download using Canon Utilities.  For two years+ whenever I connect my camera (either one) to my Windows 11 computer, an auto-download starts when I turn on the camera.  A file folder is created and it opens in DPP4.

No anymore, though.  Just...nothing.  I reinstalled Utilities 3, nothing.  I opened it manually and it said it was trying to connect with a camera but could not find one.

This is the same with BOTH of my RPs.  Worked fine, now doesn't work at all.  I have changed nothing on either of them.  When I connect, the camera seems to "hang."  The little light above the trash can blinks continuously and won't stop until I open the battery door.  Even turning the camera off has no effect on the light.  It will blink and the camera is bricked until I open the battery door.  When I disconnect the camera from the USB cable, open and then close the battery door, then turn the camera on, the camera works perfectly.  I can download photos only by taking the SD card out and manually putting in the the computer.

This works, but what happened?  No settings were changed on either camera nor on the computer.  Reinstalling the Utility software and rebooting the computer had no effect.

Any insights you can share would be appreciated.  Thanks.

SteveinLouisville's gear list:SteveinLouisville's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow