Buying a flash for the R6 - Which Flash and trigger? (confused)

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
GammyKnee Contributing Member • Posts: 982
Re: Buying a flash for the R6 - Which Flash and trigger? (confused)

Tahoe Sailor wrote:

Manual flash settings, TTL flash up to the camera's flash sync speed and HSS in Manual mode all work fine. However, HSS in TTL mode is not compatible: it always results in a full power flash discharge. My mirrorless Canon M6 Mark II has the same problem. I have contacted Adorama and they said that Godox is aware of the problem. Since the R5/6 have been out for well over a year and this is well documented problem I am not confident that there will be a firmware fix. The mirrorless R5/6 must have a different flash metering system than Canon's DSLR's because my 5DIV and 7DII don't have this problem. Otherwise, I have been extremely happy with the system.

+1 to all of that.

I haven't yet run into a situation where I've desperately needed HSS + TTL so I just can't fault my Godox gear. It's affordable, surprisingly robust, easy to use and reliable.

However if you really want the HSS+TTL option, then I think it has to be Canon's own products all the way.

GammyKnee's gear list:GammyKnee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow