Help with monitor decision on a budget

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John252
John252 New Member • Posts: 24
Help with monitor decision on a budget

I’d like to buy an external monitor to use with my 2014 MacBook Pro 15” retina, and would like to get something decent between $300-450 if possible. I shoot mostly nature stuff like birds, wildlife, and landscape, and use Lightroom and DXO Prime NR as needed. I don’t really like spending time editing on the MBP and I’m hoping that a larger screen will make it more enjoyable. I do like to order a large print on the rare occasion that I come up with a worthy shot. 
After some research I came down to the 24” Benq SW240 for $400 and the 27” Gigabyte M27Q for $320. 
The Benq has the 99% adobe rgb and I believe is 10 bit, while the M27Q is larger, has better resolution, is 8 bit, and has adobe rgb somewhere in the mid 90s. (I don’t know if my computer is even capable of dealing with 10 bit color).

I guess it comes down to what’s more important, the wider color gamut or more resolution and size. Something like the SW270 would have both but I’d rather not spend the $800 for it at this time.

Thanks in advance for any advice or thoughts about this.

John

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow