GH6 - lens not attached issues with Laowa lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
monkieblankie New Member • Posts: 7
GH6 - lens not attached issues with Laowa lens

Need tips or sharing your experience with Laowa lens on GH6.

I have been using 2 Laowa MFT lenses (10mm, 50mm) with GH5 and BMPCC4K. After upgrading to GH6, I used these 2 Laowa lenses on GH6, and GH6 complains "lens not attached". The problem is that GH6 is switching between f0 to F22 with the live view flashing to find the correct aperture. Technically, I cannot shoot any still pictures or videos.

Per GH6 troubleshooting tips, I wipe the lens contact with a clean cloth. I tested these 2 lenses on GH5 and BMPCC4K (no issues). I tried several Lumix native lenses and also manual lenses (e.g. Kamlan 50mm II, Samyang 10mm) on GH6 (no issues). These lead me to hypothesize that the issue is the incompatibility of the Laowa MFT manual lens with the new GH6.

I contacted Laowa support by sending an inquiry email to support@venuslens.net but I never received any acknowledgment or replies from them (I hope they are not blacklisting or ignoring any emails).

Any experience with Laowa on GH6 and any additional troubleshooting tips would be helpful. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Remarks - re-posted from the Panasonic forum

Laowa 10mm F2 Zero-D MFT Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GH6 Venus Laowa 50mm F2.8 Macro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow