Optimal fstop settings for RX100?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ttan98 Senior Member • Posts: 2,433
Optimal fstop settings for RX100?

Just bought a second-hand RX100MkIV that I will be using for my next travel. What I am asking applies to all RX100s as well.

This applies to street and landscape shooting mainly. I welcome any opinion from RX100 users out there. I am trying to get optimal sharp images from RX100 's sensor.

My starting point is from the full-frame point of view. The sensors have the best response for f-stops between 8-11 and I like to apply it to the RX 1" sensor as well. Having said this is under "nominal " conditions and I understand this sensor will also respond outside these stop ranges.

For Street and Landscape shootings for a 1" sensor, I have to adjust the F-stop to between 2.8-4 for optimal sensor response considering the performance of the lens well?
Any suggestions of how to apply this are welcomed as well as your comments about my perceived understanding.
BTW I may not respond to everyone. Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow