Field testing the Sigma 56 f/1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Fujifan69 New Member • Posts: 14
Re: Field testing the Sigma 56 f/1.4

dccberry wrote:

It does not feel as fast as the new 23 f/1.4, for instance, but it seems to be fine in general.

Fujifan69 wrote:

dccberry wrote:

I just received this lens, and wanted to post a few random images from the weekend. My first impressions are that this is a pretty stellar lens in all respects. It renders detail beautifully, focus is quick and accurate, and build quality feels fine. The fact that it is priced way less than the Fuji alternative is yet another plus for this lens. To me, the 1/3 stop speed "advantage" that the Fuji offers is not relevant for anything I will ever encounter. As much as I like the aperture rings on my other Fuji lenses, the lack of one in this case is not a deal breaker at all. I adore the Fuji 50 mm f/2, but this raises the bar for short tele image-making in my opinion.

How’s continuous af? Possibly may mount swap my 56 because I barely use my Sony anymore

Right, the new primes blow it away for sure but I’m talking in relation to the older lenses from Fujifilm

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow