Back To 1440p Or Jump To 32" 4K Monitor?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Batdude
Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 5,938
Back To 1440p Or Jump To 32" 4K Monitor?

I was using an Asus 1080p 24" monitor and jumped to a 27" 4K. I like the smoother sharper look of the 4K, BUT, after using it more and more as I'm getting a little bit more work here and there, I'm starting to have (one) major problem when PP in Lightroom. When I'm viewing and scrolling from left to right at each photo at the bottom of the screen, it is really hard for me to sometimes distinguish if that photo was edited already or not. Sometimes I can barely see the tiny little black and white plus/minus mark on the bottom right corner. I guess that very bottom bar where the photos are all lined up you can only expand them up a very small amount and that's it.

I have tried adjusting the resolution in windows to make everything bigger, but that picture bar in Lightroom only increases so much and I don't like that at all. Again, sometimes I can't distinguish if the photo is a good to go photo or not.

So, here is the thing, how many of you have gone backwards back to 1440p for similar reasons? If am having to decrease the resolution to be able to see everything properly, even the thumbnails photos in a folder in windows, then what was the point in getting this 4K screen??? LOL

If I was still in my 30's I wouldn't be complaining but the fact is that my vision is not the same as before and the funny part of all this is that the reason why I jumped to 4K monitor was to avoid stressing my eyes when I was using the 1080p at 17 inches distance from my chair. But not the ironic thing is that I'm having a hard time viewing my photos also in the thumbnails and man they are so small even when I select the Extra Large View.

What I am also thinking about is that perhaps a larger 32" 4K monitor will be best and use that sucker at the recommended highest resolution setting?

Have any of you been in this same situation and what did you end up doing?

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3 +10 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow