Best Fujifilm simulation for natural reds?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Fujifan69 New Member • Posts: 14
Re: Best Fujifilm simulation for natural reds?

JayNGu wrote:

Hi guys,

What do you think is the best Fujifilm film simulation on an XT-30 to shoot natural looking reds is? Reason for the question is I was taking pictures of my daughters soccer today with the XT-30 and 55-200 using Provia/Standard. Lots of nice pictures with most of the problems user error. However, the reds on the kids uniforms just looked too bright, almost unnatural...almost glowing sort of red/orange. In reality the red is quite a deep red. I was shooting Jpg as I thought it was the best for this, though regret it a bit now. Example below. Happy with the picture, just don't like the way the reds turned out. Perhaps I need a more contrasty film sim? Or too washed out? (default settings for exposure, DR100, etc used)

Galaxy S21 smart phone pic below taken afterwards. Saturation and contrast turned to 100 by default, but I feel the red is truer, just overcooked.

The difference is white balance. Provia is fairly accurate with colors, which is why it’s the standard profile. You can see, especially in skin tones, the white balance is different in the images presented.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow