Sony RX100 mk vii dust/viewfinder

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lynda07 Forum Member • Posts: 82
Sony RX100 mk vii dust/viewfinder

Hi
I'm in the UK. I brought my Sony RX100 mk vii from John Lewis last November.

I've recently noticed a spot when I look through the viewfinder, it's nothing that will wipe off, it's inside and whilst it obviously doesn't affect the photos I take I find it irritiating plus I don't think it should have happened, especially not in such a short time since I brought it.
I've contacted John Lewis and they told me to call Sony direct. Sony have given me a case number and told me they need to inspect it but that if it's deemed a non warranty issue, if I've damaged the camera etc, they will charge me £56 just to look at it.

To be honest this has made me a bit nervous about sending it back. I've not damaged it and it's in a case when not in use, plus, to me, the viewfinder is a sealed unit that shouldn't allow dust in - I wondered if anyone else had had similar issues and how they had been resolved?

Many thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow