Prevent camera mounted flash from firing w/o using on/off switch

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
InspiredLogic New Member • Posts: 5
Prevent camera mounted flash from firing w/o using on/off switch

I shoot Real Estate using a set of 5 bracketed photos first without flash, the settings for which I have saved to the. Custom 1 on the dial. I then switch to Custom 2 on the dial to enter manual mode, turn my Godox V1s Flash unit on, which is mounted to the camera and fire off one exposure adjusted to the room and one more adjusting the exposure for the window view.

Later, I blend all 7 exposures in Lightroom for usually a great result with accurate exposure and colors and the window views are 75% viewable.

My challenge is that my flash unit on/off switch finally gave out and I had to replace the unit with a new one. I don't want to go through this again by wearing out the on/off switch, but have not found a solution to turn off the power on the flash so that it won't fire when shooting my bracketed set of photos.

I see that there is an option in the camera menu "Flash off", but it won't enable in any shooting modes. That would seem to give me my solution by powering on the flash and leaving it on during the entire shoot, enabling "Flash Off" and saving it in my setup for C1 but it will not enable.

How do I enable "Flash Off" in the Sony A7iii menu?

-- hide signature --

Terry

InspiredLogic's gear list:InspiredLogic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6300 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow