Two Photoshop Questions

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Platographer Contributing Member • Posts: 905
Two Photoshop Questions

When I am working on 14-bit raw files in Lightroom and send multiple images to Photoshop as layers, are the layers each a 16-bit TIF essentially? I want to maintain as much quality as possible when I leave Lightroom and, as far as I know, a 16-bit TIF is the way to do that.

How do layer masks affect the auto-align process? I sent three images over to Photoshop from Lightroom, auto-aligned them, and then manually brushed layer masks on the background and midground images so that the three images combine into one sharp photo. The three photos were taken with a tripod, so there was very little aligning to be done. I decided to process the images differently in Lightroom, so I did that and then resent them as layers to a new Photoshop document and copied the aforementioned layer masks to them. I should have auto-aligned before copying the layer masks since the layer masks were based on the images as aligned. In other words, the layer masks were already aligned. When I aligned the second version of the three images with the layer masks, did that also slightly affect the layer masks such that they will be slightly off now?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow