Finally complete!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stratman1976
stratman1976 Senior Member • Posts: 1,173
Finally complete!

Hi all,

After a lot of thinking and trying out, my Fuji kit is finally complete! Back in 2016 I started out with the X-T10 and 18-55, but when I started using primes, it became obvious that this was the system I was looking for.

I use Fuji for my personal photography: my kids, around the house, vacation, trips etc... IMO the system is perfect for those means.

Last weekend I added the 18/1.4 and 16/2.8 (hopefully will arrive tomorrow). Really was on the fence if I wanted the 16-55 instead, but I opted for the bright aperture (18) and size (16). Got the 16-80 last month, but returned it, the IQ was not much better than the 18-55 I have. The rest of the FL are covered.  Although the 16-55 was lighter than expected, it just goes against where I use the system for, it's just too bulky heavy. Plus I enjoy using primes more and they are much more flexible for my uses.

Now I like to think I can get all the shots I want :-). I use the X-T3 and X-E4 with these lenses and have given this kit a lot of thought:

• Bright primes: 18/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2
  • Small primes: 16/2.8, 23/2.0, 27/2.8
  • Zooms: 18-55/2.8-4.0, 10-24/4.0 WR

I don't have to bring everything on every trip, I pick what I need or like to use. Have never wanted a tele option. But if I needed one the 70-300 would probably be my choice. For clients I use a FF Nikon kit and I really like how these systems differ. Can't wait to go on holiday again!

Thanks for reading!

stratman1976's gear list:stratman1976's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-E4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +15 more
Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow