55-300mm VR malfunction + eclipse shots

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
airtonps
airtonps Forum Member • Posts: 66
55-300mm VR malfunction + eclipse shots

Hi!

A few months ago I posted here asking whether the hand symbol that indicates that lens VR is on on my D5600 would appear when using my AP-S 55-300mm VR. Some of you said the hand symbol would appear only with the kit lens, since it has no physical VR ON/OFF switch. It turns out the hand symbol appears with any lens when VR is on. Last night I was shooting the lunar eclipse when I accidentally touched the VR button instead of the focus one and noticed the hand appeared for a brief moment on the screen. A few tests today revealed my 55-300mm has some kind of malfunction in the VR button and when the hand symbol appears on the screen I can hear a noise in the lens. Here's a video showing the malfunction and three shots I took from the eclipse.

airtonps's gear list:airtonps's gear list
Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +3 more
Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow