Image Quality: Z7 vs. GFX 50S II

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LeonD Regular Member • Posts: 189
Image Quality: Z7 vs. GFX 50S II

I'm a long time Fujifilm X user from back when the X-Pro1 was released. Along the way, I felt the need for a high resolution camera so I purchased a Nikon Z7 and a few lenses.

I have no issues with either system or their respective outputs. And both systems currently have pretty much all the lenses I'll ever need.

The one difference for me however is the user interface. While I'm content with the Z7 interface, I am much more comfortable with the Fujifilm system. Their cameras feel like an extension of myself. Much less thinking than with the Nikon. And less menu diving.

This got me thinking about the GFX 50S II. It could satisfy my high resolution need but with the Fujifilm UI.  I realize the GFX 50S II is PSAM and not "separate dials" but the rest of the UI is Fujifilm.

(My ultimate GFX would be the GFX 50R with image stabilization. But as that's not a reality, the next closest for me would be the GFX 50S II).

So my question is, what would I be gaining or giving up regarding image quality by moving from a Z7 to a GFX 50S II?

Thanks.

(Cross posted to the Medium Format forum.)

-- hide signature --

www.leondrobyphotography.com

LeonD's gear list:LeonD's gear list
Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm GFX 50S II Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm GFX 50S II Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow