Hot summer clothing recommendations

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MRHengeveld New Member • Posts: 3
Hot summer clothing recommendations

I live in southwestern Ontario, Canada, and I am starting to explore the various hiking trails in the area with my camera.

May has been unusually hot (30C), and it has made me very aware of how important the right clothing is. The last hike I went on, I wore shorts and a t-shirt, and even with bug spray, had quite a few mosquito bites by the end. The second half of the hike consisted of me going as fast as I could to avoid them, and not a single photo was taken.

I started looking online for some breathable, moisture wicking mens pants - something I could use in heat and humidity (it gets hot and humid in summer here), but came up empty. I can find lone sleeve shirts, but not pants. Either they looked too hot (made of cotton or fleece), or the reviews said it was so thin, a twig would tear it to shreds. I am on a budget, so I didn't look at the $200CAD+ pants :-O.

Does anyone have a recommendation for mens pants that I could survive in while hiking in 30C+, humid weather? I know bugs can bite through some materials, but I figure I will have to compromise somewhere.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow