Critter Mix

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John K Veteran Member • Posts: 9,839
Critter Mix

I injected some flowers with Agave Nectar to give this Honeybee a reason to let me get close. Even though this shot is cropped I kept the aspect ratio the same as the un-cropped image (2:3) and Photoshop Elements 2022 up-sampled it, so it is still a 32MP photo.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to about 1.5x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single, cropped, frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order. Shutter and ISO set to expose the sky in the background.

Spring was in the air for this pair of Ladybugs. I have some Lavender in my yard that bloomed early and it has been attracting a lot of critters.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

I found this Crab Spider camping in a Poppy flower waiting for its next meal.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

I didn't think I would have any luck today because it wasn't cool enough, but the sun went behind the clouds and a most of the critters slowed down. I managed to shoot this male European Blue Mason Bee covered in Dandelion pollen, but not for long. It was pretty easy for him to get his metabolism going and take off.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 3x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -1 FEC. This is a single frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

Cool temperatures and partly cloudy skies create a stop and go environment for small critters like this female Mining Bee that was foraging for pollen on a Dandelion. It was also windy, so the breeze masked the vibration that I caused when I grabbed onto the Dandelion's stem.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to over 3x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

When I was looking at this newly emerged dragonfly through the view finder it looked like it was smiling. I did not notice the teeth until I post processed it.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order. Shutter and ISO set to expose the sky in the background.

This Crab Spider has been hunting in my Lavender for a couple of weeks and it has doubled in size. So I was sure it was successful before I saw it feeding on a Honeybee.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 1x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order.

The sun is warm today but the breeze is cool, so I went looking for critters that were foraging in the shade hoping to find one that was lethargic. I managed to get close to a Sweat Bee and while I was looking through the view finder she started cleaning her proboscis. Pretty common for flying insects to do a little maintenance before they take off.

Tech Specs: Canon 90D (F11, 1/125, ISO 200) + a Canon MP-E 65mm macro lens (set to 2x) + a diffused MT-26EX-RT, E-TTL metering, -2/3 FEC. This is a single frame taken hand held. In post I used Topaz Denoise AI and Clarity in that order. Shutter and ISO set to expose the sky in the background.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow