Monolight to flash attachment

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rsn Contributing Member • Posts: 784
Monolight to flash attachment

So I've been using flash more than I thought I would.  And I inherited an okay but not great monolight, a JTL 300 for studio use.  My only goal is to shoot some family and friends in make shift settings both in doors and out. I have zero asperations of making any kind of money out of my equipment. The good news is that I own most of what I need currently so I don't think further large monetary outlay will be necessary.

I own the above mentioned monolight, light stand and umbrella, battery pack with the JTL so I can use it outside.  I will be getting a used light stand, a decent probably Godox softbox with grid and use my Godox flash(s) in the second set up.

I have read here in this forum - Studio and Light - and other forums here at dpreview that some have used combined light source (monolight and flash) and found the light discrepancy wasn't the big deal they had been led to believe.

Is there an attachment I can use that will allow me to use the strobe with a softbox and other times use a flash instead?

rsn's gear list:rsn's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow