Little dog B/W

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
_vlad Veteran Member • Posts: 3,056
Re: Little dog B/W

albero wrote:

_vlad wrote:

Djingonthenet wrote:

Playing about with the Mi 11 Ultra, trying to emulate the fine detail quality of my previous phone Mate 40 pro. All taken in standard or portrait mode and edited in Snapseed. I'm aware that I've over sharpened in some but I'm still learning so don't be too harsh haha!

Nice but some tweaking needed. Oversharpening- OK that is a matter of taste, but there also some NR not nice blotches + some wird rendition of some out of focus areas (nose)

It would be interesting if you can tweak it to M40P level of IQ.

If you would not mind - extra sample from M40P (I do not mean it to compete with your shots, just to have something for visual comparison, not just usual talking&talking).

Impressive quality! I am tempted to switch from my Huawei P40 pro to the Mate 40 pro (I must admit that Sony xperia 1 iv is also a temptation)

M40P vs P40P are (should be) based on same generation tech. As for phone itself, Mate is better - no doubt. Camera module differs mainly in UWA sensor. For me this lens/sensor combo is my most used configuration - as it allows me for better action (to a certain extent) and street photography. I mean you do no look on the scene from outside but you are more a part of it (directly in). And because UWA is just 18m FF EQ it has much more real use than 13-15 FF EQ from competitors (which is just too wide for normal use). Perspective and proportions are not so wildly exaggerated. And it gives 20MPix SOOC. The rest is more or less same. So if this is your type of shooting M40P is worthy to give it a try. However it will be certainly interesting to see what Sony brings on the table.

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow