New video camera for in car motion

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
maddavid New Member • Posts: 2
New video camera for in car motion

Hi

I'm a beginner and i am traveling to Japan to do a holiday and i wanted to record a lot of my driving and remote traveling with a camera mounted in car on the windscreen

I have tried a go pro but doesn't work well enough when traveling down the road at 60-100 klm ph, and not really the quality i want either, i'm prepared to invest in good equipment and take time to learn how to use it as i have the time to do so

None of the shps want to take responsibility and work with me to make sure i get the correct equipment either,they say try this or try that which is crap and im not prepared to spend money with idiots talking crap , i have quotes from 2k to 16k for equipment

i think the camera i like is the Fuji tx4, with lense options like the following

XF 16mm f1.4

XF23mmF1.4 R LM WR

XF23mmF2 R WR

yes im aware auto focus is an issue for people but with in car video i won't be relying on auto focus i believe i should put a fixed focused lense or use manual focus, and work with the other settings on the camera

i can invest more in something like a sony a7s 3 or equivalent if necessary however I thought this camera would be a good choice as it has stabilisation in body and i can also get a lense with ois, i dont want or expect the footage to be dead smooth however i would like high quality useable footage, that i can get edited properly

in australia the tx4 is under 2k and the sony a7sm3 is 5k so this is why i am asking here to get some decent advice, yes i know i'm a beginner however i can learn what i need to everyone else did  so why can't i

any advice is greatly appreciated

thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow