Could this be mold and what should I do?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken274 New Member • Posts: 12
Could this be mold and what should I do?

Hi all, I found this staining on the sensor of my XT30. The camera is brand new and has never been taken outside. In terms of storage, my home is dry and humidity is typically around 40-45%, never higher than 50%.

For the most part, the cap has been left on. There was a 3-4 day period when I lost the damn thing and the sensor was left exposed. To my knowledge, nothing was ever spilled or splashed onto the camera. Before popping the cap back on, I checked the sensor and couldn’t see anything wrong with it.

It doesn’t look like it has any filaments resembling mold. Lightly blowing on it doesn’t dislodge it so I don’t think it’s dust. The surrounding looks fine. It’s a little hard to see in the pics but the spots don’t look white or raised and can only be seen under the right light and at a certain angle. It actually looks almost like water stains. Any thoughts and should I attempt my own cleaning with Eclipse fluid?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow