Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,278
Re: St Ninians Opencast Mine / Loch Fitty

RafaM wrote:

Bob Smart wrote:

Graxxor Anandro Vidhelssen wrote:

Bob Smart wrote:

Thought I'd get this month underway 😁👍. Went for walk with my son, his dog, and my younger daughter to the St Ninians Opencast Mine site. They are hoping to develop the site to create Fifes answer to Falkirk's Kelpies....time will tell.

I know some of the sky's have been dehazed to the limit...just seeing how far you can push the V1's raw files 👍

Wow... I really love the geometry in your shots.... Also that second one even has a really dense HDR feeling to it... Superb contrast.
Plus the waterlogged doggo is adorbs!
Just out of interest, I presume the vignetting is due to some powerful contrast enhancement?

Thanks, yep, I use lightroom to process my raw files and I was heavy handed with the de-hazing tool, just experimenting how far I could push them 👍

Do you process NEF files or convert to DNG's?

For my N1 work flow I shoot only NEF format. I open the NEF file in DxO PhotoLab Elite Pro and use the Deep Prime feature to the care of noise and export the denied raw file in DNG format. I then open the DNG file in Photoshop for everything else (geometry, exposure, white balance, color, etc). I've been using PS since I started shooting digital in 2004, so I'm experienced and comfortable using the tools in PS and Adobe Camera Raw.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow