Sony Alpha 1 Firmware Update?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 6,320
Sony Alpha 1 Firmware Update?

So I’m sure a thread like this will anger many but after having my Sony Alpha 1 for more than a year now and having its last firmware update about six months ago I’m wondering if there are any plans to see updated firmware anytime soon. Obviously firmware updates from Nikon for the Z9 and from Canon on the EOS R5 have offered improvements to those platforms and the newer A7IV enhancements missing from the Alpha 1 are all on the table as potential improvements Sony could pursue. Also, have to admit the v1.20 update was less than thrilling.

With hardware shortages still on going it appears that Sony would rather delay new cameras than make their current products more attractive by considering updates to them. Maybe to them if there isn’t a new hardware sale they have no interest. I thing that’s short sited when an existing owner could still buy more glass.

Anyway just wondering.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Sony a7R IV Sony a9 II Canon EOS R5 Sony a7C +50 more
Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z9 Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow