Olympus 150-400 vs Panasonic 100-400

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blue Skies Above New Member • Posts: 11
Olympus 150-400 vs Panasonic 100-400

I recently received my OM-1 and after being more limited in travel due to the pandemic I’m excited to have some new gear to get out there and use. I’ve been quite pleased with the Panasonic 100-400 but I’ve had a long-standing curiosity about the Olympus 150-400.

When it first came out, I had some concerns about the viability of the system and given the price, I wasn’t convinced it was worth it. The OM-1 erased my concerns about the viability the system, but I do have some lingering concerns regarding the size of the 150-400 since what motivated my switch to m43 was the portability of the system.

I don’t live in an area with a camera store that sells the 150-400 and blog posts and videos really haven’t given me a lot of real world experience on whether the Oly is enough of an improvement to justify the added bulk. I would be using it for wildlife/nature and landscapes. I acknowledge the superiority of the construction, optical elements, and etc. I would like to try to exclude cost from consideration if possible as that’s objectively and massively different.

Do people find they are getting shots (or more keepers) they wouldn’t have gotten with the 100-400? And if so, do they feel it’s worth the size/weight tradeoff for these?

Thanks in advance!

Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow