MFT, my favourite system

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fsi Senior Member • Posts: 1,046
MFT, my favourite system

Haven’t posted in awhile. Today, I realised that I’m back with MFT for 3 years, this month.

Which got me thinking about how the OM-1 and previous E-M1 ii and iii in particular were such incredible tools for me, and how they complimented my outlook to photography. My personal goal is towards minimal gear ( tripods, ND filters ) and kit weight. Which has made MFT the ideal system for me.

Added to that the incredible lens selection of lighter and smaller with stunning optical design, has meant that I’ve invested in lenses that have made it practically impossible to ever fully leave MFT. PL200, 25/45 Pro and the amazing PL12.

Last year I flirted with the idea of moving over completely to Sony with the the A1 and lenses to replace my PL200, 25mm Pro and PL12mm in particular.  That idea quickly fell away, mostly because the PL200 is in a league of it’s own, but also there was nothing in the 50mm range that interested me optically, in rendering or AF apart from the 50 GM 1.2, but that was too big and heavy for my usage. Instead, I picked up a 45mm Pro, which I’d been most impressed with in the 85ish range.

Below is a small selection of images from my past 3 years.

Fsi's gear list:Fsi's gear list
Sony a1 Olympus 25mm F1.2 Panasonic Leica 200mm F2.8 OM-1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +3 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Samsung PL200 Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow